Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Feet - Shoes To Consider (Part 1)

I wasn't blessed with the best feet in the world. Mine are sensitive, and the bottoms of my feet tire rather easily. Standing or walking for long periods of time is my personal Kryptonite. If you are picky about what you place on your feet or are sensitive to footwear like I am, I would urge you to checkout the following products.

Type: Business or Casual
Brand: Johnston & Murphy
Style: Shuler
Price: $125.00

These are easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn! The best way I can describe them is that they are like slipping your feet into soft formed butter - but don't worry they're not messy at all!


I purchased my first pair a couple of years ago at a local Johnston & Murphy store. I actually went in there looking for a "dressy" pair of boots when the sales person asked if I would be willing to try on the most comfortable shoes known to man - he was right. I purchased them on the spot - a tan pair of "athletic" style Shulers that have since been discontinued.

I loved them so much that I returned a few weeks later to get a pair in black, this time opting for the "bicycle" style shown in the above photo.

Not only are these extremely comfortable, they are stylish and look great with slacks in the office or tooling around the town in jeans. They have that popular over-sized look, but in a subtle way that is not bodacious like some of the other designs you may have seen or owned.

If you attend trade shows, these are perfect for making the long days walking a show or standing in a booth tolerable.

Simply put, these get my highest recommendation.

No comments: